Saturday, July 4, 2009

Distractions followed by Decoys

A decoy is necessary for a distraction. Anything. An accident on the highway. A screaming woman begging for help. Anything out of the ordinary.

In this situation. A new found love. Someone living, breathing... real. That's right. A perfect distraction.

I met a guy while on vacation to North Carolina who is absolutely amazing. We have talked everyday on the phone ever since. He is everything I want in a guy, and I don't compare him to Adam at all.

I suppose North Carolina breeds their chivalrous sweethearts well... for the most part at least.

Especially since the guys here are douchebags.

So it has been almost six months since he has passed away. I told myself that by then I will have gotten over this. I obviously have never experienced such a feeling, and I realize that the pain never goes away. It lessens with time, that's for sure. So I am thankful to have survived as long as I have.

I love you Adam, you are irreplaceable on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment